As we continue to operate an essential service for Canadians through this incredibly difficult time, the health and safety of our customers and teammates remains our top priority.
Over the last several weeks, we have made a number of changes in stores to enhance safety measures for everyone. We looked across the grocery industry around the world to understand best practices so that we can always try to get ahead of this situation. We want to thank you for the way you have supported and embraced these changes in the spirit of our collective wellbeing.
As this situation evolves, we will continue to work diligently to protect your health and keep food on our shelves. Our stores have rolled out additional “Physical Distancing” measures to facilitate safety in our stores.
- When a store is at capacity for safe shopping, customers will be asked to line up outside. Our teammates will reinforce physical distancing in the lineup and, when necessary, follow a one-in, one-out protocol.
- “One-way aisles” will ensure customers do not pass too closely together when going in opposite directions.
- Teammates will walk our stores to monitor and remind customers to practice physical distancing.
- We’re encouraging customers, to the extent they are able, to designate one family member to shop for their family.
- We will continue to disinfect shopping carts and hand baskets before giving them to customers.
- To minimize contact, we are asking customers who bring reusable bags to pack their own groceries.
Let’s shop safely together
We have taken a few extra precautions for our customers and teammates