Steps to protect our teammates and our customers
We are doing everything we can to keep our teammates and customers safe in our stores. We will continue to assess and implement new measures as needed. To date, we’ve
- Installed plexiglass cashier shields as a safeguard to protect our teammates and customers.
- Added extra resources to the frontline, enabling cashiers to wipe down common areas even more often.
- Introduced “Seniors Shopping Hour” for the first hour of the day, providing the most vulnerable among us with a dedicated time to shop for goods. Many of our stores offer senior shopping hour, please contact your local store for more information.
- Installed floor markers at check out to help facilitate a two-metre distance between customers.
- Created a process for our teammates to wash their hands every 15 minutes.
- Stopped the sale of all bulk baked goods and bulk foods in self-serve areas, such as dry nuts and chocolate-covered almonds.
- Closed self-serve areas that are not staffed by a teammate.
- Cancelled all product demos, sampling and events in our community rooms.
- Encouraged all teammates who feel sick to stay home, and implemented the procedures recommended by health authorities for those who have travelled or have been exposed to others who have travelled. We’re supporting our teammates who need to be away from work because of self quarantine or to care for family members at home so they do not need to choose between their health or family and their income.
Taking inspiration from #Bloved at Sobeys Belmont, we have launched
Many of our stores will be devoting the first hour of operations to those most vulnerable and those who require extra attention, particularly seniors. Please contact your local store for more information regarding store hours.
The government has made it clear that those most at risk, including seniors, should stay home and encourages family, friends and neighbours to help support them during this terrible coronavirus. But for those that need to get out for essential supplies, let’s make shopping a little easier.
Seniors Shopping Hour are not currently offered in Quebec.